When contacting any of the dealers listed within our pages please mention
The British Association of Numismatic Societies
1. BANS has 65 affiliated societies, including the Royal and British.
2. The Association exists to help further the study of numismatics in this country by bringing societies together. It holds an Annual Numismatic Congress at different centres. It also runs weekend lecture courses and one day courses from time to time.
3. Its publications, the Doris Stockwell Memorial Papers, are available at reduced rates to members of affiliated societies.
4. An extensive 35 mm slide library is maintained and updated regularly. Slides are available for loan at a hire fee of 3p each, with a maximum charge for a group loan of £1.50. Postage has to be paid both ways by the borrower.
5. Although no 'list' of speakers is maintained, the Association endeavours to put societies in touch with speakers when asked, and its officers often travel to address societies on their individual numismatic interests.
6. BANS has funds available for the express purpose of helping young numismatists, the junior members of affiliated societies, to attend its courses, and buy books or casts of coins for study purposes.
7. Members of societies applying for affiliation are eligible for the full benefits of membership upon their Society's application being approved for submission to a meeting of the Executive or full council at the Annual General Meeting in October. Societies applying for affiliation are required to submit copies of their Constitution and a list of officers to the Secretary of BANS.
8. Each affiliated society may nominate one member to attend the AGM in October and to receive all BANS communications, details of courses, etc.
9. The annual subscription to BANS is calculated at 5p per head per adult member of the applying society. Societies with a membership of over 100 pay a maximum of £5, and all junior members are admitted free. Subscriptions fall due at the October AGM. For further information and details of your local society, please contact:-
Mr. P. Mernick, Secretary BANS,
|Submit URL | Contact Us | Main Page|